Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Table

~Some scenarios are fortuitous. Some are just pure luck. Either way, I wound up with a man who can create out of wood, just about anything I dream up. I love old, worn, humble pine furniture. No gloss...no shellac, no enamel. Just plain old painted wood. I often need a small piece of furniture to fit into one of the nooks and crannies that make up our old house.

~Such was the case just last week, when I complained for the 100th time or so, about all the wires that are visible on the floor from my laptop,the lamp, and the cell phone charger. .
"Can you make me a small table with tapered legs to fit into this space over here? Something to rest my laptop on? A place to set my coffee cup in the morning?" Next thing I know, the saw is going in the garage and I'm being asked what color paint I want!


~Here is the darling little table that hubby made for me. We did a crackle finish with Benjamin Moore Cottage Red and Olde Century Colors Lamp Black. Cute as can be and fits perfectly in the awkward space next to my easy chair.


~Happy New Year! Holy Cow!

2 comments:

  1. Joanne .... He's a Keeper !!! lol Cute table, and I love the fact you can design to fit your needs and one .. two .. three there it is. At least there it is ... when they make up there mind to work their magic. We are Blessed !!
    Are you gettting ready to head South ??
    Wishing You & Yours A Healthy
    Happy New Year !!
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darlin' hang on to that one tightly!!! What a marvelous little table built for exactly what you require of it. Perfect!!!

    Love the table!

    God bless and have a marvelous New Year sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, but due to a large number of spam comments recently, I am now monitoring comments before publishing them. The Internet is a weird place sometimes!