Monday, March 1, 2010




~Facebook. Love it and hate it at the same time. Great communicating with friends and foe alike. But it takes up too much of my time. I often get off on a tangent much as I did last night....and there goes the evening. Sparring verbally with others is my passion. I love a good duel. Especially when it involves political issues. So...when I see a link or a comment posted by a facebook friend, I'm always curious. If it involves a subject dear to my heart, I can't help but respond. This gets me into trouble more than I'd like. Spent the better part of last evening debating the science behind man made global warming claims with and old friend who is near and dear to my heart. I just needed some answers to some questions. That's all. No big deal. Just some answers. I might as well be dead if the day ever comes where I stop asking questions and looking for the answers, right? But...I kept getting shot down. Kept hearing I should have faith; that it was just the right thing to do...to believe...not to question. Kept hearing that the science is firm, concrete, no doubts, even though in recent weeks, the very institute from which much of the science has come has admitted errors, fault and erroneous sources. But there was no retreat, no middle ground, no compromise. I should not question, I was told. I should believe. I should have faith because the story is good and just.
~But, my faith is broad, not confined to specifics. My beliefs are generally supported by evidence. And I repeat...I might as well be dead if I stop asking questions.
~It rarely ends well when I engage in these discussions. Ah, facebook. It's a love/hate relationship.
~On a brighter note, both the Blue Medley and Flowerfields on Ochre aprons went to good homes this week. Our Aprons Gone Wild customers are the best folks on the planet. Always so supportive and communicative. Sure makes this gal feel good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh baby, I can see where ya have the love hate thing goin' on. I haven't ever started the facebook thing. Heck, I really don't have the time to waste bloggin' that I do. I'm sorry you didn't get your answered other than 'Have Faith.' Don't ya just hate that when you have all the faith in the world tied up in your heart?

    Maybe it is just a pat answer for some who don't have the answers. Oops, did I say that outloud...sure hope it doesn't get me into trouble!!! Heeeheehe!

    God bless your day sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne ~~ I too have a love hate thing going on with Facebook but for a different reason...Im farming...lol and as much as I love it I hate it cause there are real life things I should be doing. The whole Global Warming thing has me perplexed I too am looking for some real and true facts...guess we will have to keep looking.
    Hope you are getting some nice sunshine.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, but due to a large number of spam comments recently, I am now monitoring comments before publishing them. The Internet is a weird place sometimes!