Sunday, June 28, 2009

How do you feel when you open a blog....

and all of a sudden, loud music starts to play? Depends on where your volume is
set I guess...but this morning, when I opened a blog that I frequently read, I nearly jumped out of my chair. Like a shot in the head, out of the blue, music began playing...really loud music. I couldn't hit the volume button fast enough. Not a good thing. Sometimes I think the blog world affords us too many creative additions to our little pages with points of view.
As for me...I like to view blogs that feature pictures of the insides and outsides of the author's home. I love all kinds of decor and admire folks who can put a room together with style. I could absolutely stare at the pictures on "Between Naps on the Porch" all day long. This blog has amazing photos of the author's beautiful enclosed porch that is set up for year 'round using. Love it, love it, love it! She has also taken her readers into her bedroom as well as other areas of her home. All are an inspiration...especially to a reader who loves decor. And, there's no music!

I've posted a picture today of our "old house" dining room. We have an odd sort of fireplace, but it was the thing that warmed my heart when we first looked inside this old place. Years ago, one of the neices of the former owner stopped by. She had spent her summers here and was building a summer house of her own on the other side of town. She wanted to photograph the fireplace so she could replicate it in her own place. I guess our humble fireplace "spoke" to her as well.
I'll not whine today about the weather. We had one glorious beach day yesterday, but this morning, we're back to cloudy, dreary skies. It's hard to comprehend.
Now that my Emily is here, I'm hoping to get some pictures of her modeling my aprons and tops. In the meantime, check us out
at apronsgonewild.etsy.com to see what we have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, but due to a large number of spam comments recently, I am now monitoring comments before publishing them. The Internet is a weird place sometimes!