Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Chocolate Drizzle.
Missed my goal of an apron a day. Yesterday was just too good to spend indoors. The beach was calling so off we went. Today I was a good girl and after two mindless trips to the store, I got to work. The first mindless trip was to exchange an ironing board cover that I'd just bought yesterday. When did they start making ironing board covers in different sizes? I usually make my own covers but I don't have any fabric down here that I can spare for that use. The second mindless trip was over the bridge to the mainland for thread. Our only variety store here in Indian Harbour Beach, is a Walmart and they've just about eliminated all sewing notions. Driving 20 minutes to and fro for a spool of thread makes me mad. But, I did it. The end result is our newest apron in The Browns series called Chocolate Drizzle. It's a beautiful batik print that resembles a Jackson Pollock painting. The colors are literally drizzled all over with the main color being dark brown...like chocolate drizzle. Check out the details on http://www.apronsgonewild.etsy.com/
It's a gorgeous day here and I'm patting myself on the back for staying indoors and sewing. As I sit here typing, I am looking around at all the odds and ends of little jobs there are to do. Once I get my apron supply bulked up a bit, I'll tackle things like the flower beds in the patio and the little garden area out front. They are both in need of some TLC.
Reading reports of snow in the Northeast, I'm feeling lucky to be here in 75 degree temperatures with clear blue skies.
Catch you later.
Don't forget to stop by our etsy online shop at http://www.apronsgonewild.etsy.com/
or email me anytime at www.vanscoyjoanne@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, but due to a large number of spam comments recently, I am now monitoring comments before publishing them. The Internet is a weird place sometimes!