Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My first day of blogging! It will take some time to get used to.
It's raining and dreary here on Olde Cape Cod. All my sewing materials and the machine itself are packed away for our upcoming trip to head south for the winter. I wish I could make an apron right now!
My etsy shop looks bare, thanks to all the nice people who bought aprons for Christmas gifts. I'm inspired for spring with some beautiful new batik prints. Wait till you see what we've got in store for the shop.
Rich is getting things ready to shut down the heat and drain the pipes so the house will be safe over the long cold months that we will be gone. How lucky we are to be able to escape the harshness of winter in our retirement years. We're both looking forward to resuming our daily exercise routine of bike riding which we find impossible now with snow and ice on the roads. We're also daydreaming about sitting in the sun on the beach, listening to the waves. What a life!
Heading out in a while to lunch with our oldest grandchild who is home on college break. We're taking him out to celebrate his grades. I think he made the Dean's list!
More later.
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, but due to a large number of spam comments recently, I am now monitoring comments before publishing them. The Internet is a weird place sometimes!